What is the cost for an appointment?
The initial consultation costs $95 and takes up to an hour. You will present your concerns to the clinician who will then ask you further questions in order to best plan out a treatment strategy. A hearing test is also included.
Is this service offered at all House of Hearing Clinics?
Tinnitus consultation is only performed by a number of our clinicians as we require them to obtain a Tinnitus Management Certification from Widex.
To find out which clinic offers this service please call our head office at 416-516-3332.
Who performs the consultation and what are their qualifications?
The consultation will be performed by a licenced Audiologist or Hearing Instrument Specialist who is trained and certified in the management or treatment of tinnitus.
What’s that ringing in my ears?
Sound intensity can range from mild to extremely loud. Ringing in the ears can significantly affect the quality of a person’s life.
What are the causes?
There are a number of factors that can cause ringing in the ears. Common ones are,
- Loud noise exposure
- Earwax blocking ear canals
- Reaction to medication
- Head or neck injuries
- Untreated medical conditions
- General stress
How is it affecting my life?
Ringing in the ears can affect the most important parts of your life,
- Your relationships with your friends and family
- How you work and operate at home and at work.
What does it have to do with hearing loss?
An estimated 90% of ringing in the ears sufferers experience some degree of hearing loss.
Hearing aids are helpful for many people who have hearing loss. The better you hear, the less you may notice your ringing in the ears. Your brain hears other sounds making ringing in the ears less noticeable.
How can I live a positive life?
To help treat or reduce the effects of ringing in the ears try one or any of the following,
- Think positively at all times, the outlook you have in life will have an impact on all aspects of your life.
- Wear hearing aids to help mask the sound of ringing in the ears
- Listening to music at moderate levels will help take your mind off the ringing in your ears
- When in noisy environments, make sure to wear hearing protection at all times.
- Relaxation and meditation techniques can help to reduce the effects of ringing in the ears
- Maskers play white noise and help to reduce the negative effects of ringing in the ears
- Eating a healthy diet and staying fit can help reduce ill effects from ringing in the ears
With locations in Toronto/North York, Richmond Hill and Maple, we are here to help you choose the best solution.